Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A Beautiful Country Wedding


It is a strange feeling to attend someone's wedding when you can remember them as a baby!  I haven't had that experience often, but I have a feeling it will be happening much more in the coming years.  Due to a bit of an age gap in the spacing of my mom and her siblings, I grew up in the generation almost exactly halfway between my cousins and their children.  That often made me the babysitter/entertainer for my cousin's children in my younger years, but as I aged into adulthood I started to build stronger bonds with the older generation of cousins.  It's an odd reality, but I kinda love it.


Over Memorial Day Weekend, we were set to attend the wedding of one of these cousin's oldest daughter, Kyli Jo.  I flew in a day ahead of Chris to spend some extra quality time with my family.  You can imagine my surprise when I saw my little niece and nephew greeting me at the Cincinnati airport with the most heartwarming signs.  Those two can be a handful at times, but I wouldn't change a thing about either of them.


We began our trek through Ohio caravan style making it to the small metropolis of Maumee just in time for a quick trip to the hospital.  The bride-to-be's sister (aka the MOH) had to be taken in for an emergency appendectomy just two days before the wedding.  Can you imagine?!?!


After spending Saturday morning relaxing and playing in the hotel pool, we made our way over to visit with family for the afternoon.  The day of the wedding was full of more family time as we awaited the ceremony inside the barn venue.  Last minute instructions were given to Brinley and Landon as they prepared for their role as flower girl and ring bearer.  And then it was time for a beautiful country wedding!



The rest of the night we danced and enjoyed sampling a variety of tasty cupcakes - yum!  Kyli's horse, Zip, even made a special appearance for the momentous occasion.  By the end of the night, I was completely exhausted from all the festivities!  It was truly a wonderful day with family!   


What do you enjoy most about a family wedding?

Andrea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment